Wednesday 5 December 2007

Computer Hardware class

15/11/07
Today I installed Norton Anti Virus to a computer system. Once I had installed the virus utility program I did a virus scan on the computer system to make sure that the computer system was virus free. After the scan i uninstalled the virus utility program so that someone else could install it.
22/11/07
Today I installed Microsoft Office On a computer system. Then I checked that the program had installed properly and was working ok. Then I uninstalled Microsoft Office Again so that someone else could install it.
29/11/07
Today I manually installed the driver for an Epson 500 Dot matrix printer I did this threw the Microsoft windows printer manager. Then after the installation of the printer driver I tested the printer to see that it was working and it printed out a test sheet.
5/12/07
Today I removed the components of a computer system.Then I reassembled the computer system components .after I did this I made sure that the computer system was in working order as it was before i removed all of the components.I also adjusted the jumpers on the hard-disk drive making the drive a master drive.
12/12/07
Today I installed Microsoft Windows xp, but before doing so i had to enter the BIOS setup and change the boot sequence so that CD ROM was first in the order and the Hard disk drive was second. Then I restarted the computer system with the Windows xp disk in the CD ROM to start the installation process.
16/1/08
Today I had to diagnose and repair a problem inside a computer system. The problem that I diagnosed was that the ROM memory had been removed and also the hard- disk drive bus wire was loose because it was not inserted properly. Then after I had repaired the computer system I turned it on to test that it was functioning properly

1 comment:

Nelson said...

Very good review of your computer hardware class!