Thursday 20 March 2008

Digital Media Still Image Editing

So you are proabably wandering what is envolved in Still Image editing. Well I am not going to tell you that would be to easy would it? What I will do over the next few weeks and months is show you what can be achieved by editing some plain looking photographs with Adobe Photoshop that and a bit of imagination on my part. Then each week I will post what I think is the best edited photograph that I could achieve from the assignment given that week.

Week 1 - Straight Lines
This week class assignment was to plan and take six photographs of anything we liked as long as it envolved straight lines or had straight lines in it. I liked this photograph the most because it looked profesionaly done because of the angle the photograph was taken and that is why I decided to edit in the way that I did. The first step I took in editing was editing over some trees and a lamp ost that I thought were intruding out into the shot. I did this by clone stamping some of the surounding sky that I liked and rubbed out over them so that they were no longer visible. The other thing I did in editing the photograph was add an other layer. I edited the layer by washing over the building and the sky with a light grey. Then adjusted the blending mode so that it blent inthe mode I used was pin light.




Week 2 - Curved lines
This week class assignment was to plan and take six photographs of anything we liked as long as it envolved curved lines or had curved lines in it. The photograph that I liked the most was the one below. I liked the photograph the most because of the way that the clouds bellow towards you. The first thing I did in editing was select the sky area with a magic wand. Then I copied the layer so that only the sky appeared in the photograph. Then I copied the copy a further 8 times after that I adjusted the lighting levels for the color red on each of them selecting differnt bits of the sky. I really liked the finished effect I thought it looked really weird
,p. week 3 - Book Day

This weeks class assignment was to plan and take six photographs of books for book day.

week 4 - EYES!


This week class assignment was to plan and take six photographs of eyes in differnt cobinations. This is the photograph that I liked most because it turned out the best. What I did first in editing was edit the eye with the clone stamp so that I could expand out the white of the cornea over the top of the iris and pupil. Then I drew new ones with the paint brush the effect looked really freaky.



Week 5 - The Future Aberdeen College


This weeks class Assignment was to plan and take six photograph on the college and anything to do with the College that we may think will be here in the future. The photograph that I liked the most was the one below. I thought the photo looked really good because of the angle the shot was taken from it looked like it had been shot from a profesional. I also liked the way the sky was caught by the camera. The first step that I took in editing was to select the sky area with the magic wand tool. Then I copied this selection to a new layer and adjusted the lighting levels so that that vivid purple sky came out. Then I went back to the orignal layer and selected the college building and sign. Then I copied that selection to a new layer and washed over the selection with a vivid purple and selevted the blending option color.

No comments: